The most lively world music festival in this part of the planet!
Poland. Without doubts this is the most interesting and colourful World Music Festival in this part of Europe. Let’s check the list if you have missed something:
SCHEDULE for Siesta Festival
21-23 April 2017
6 artists & 9 concerts!
Eliane Elias, Omara Portuondo, Mor Karbasi,
Mario Pacheco, Ballou Canta and Dino d’Santiago
– Filharmonia Baltycka
– Klub Parlament
- Dino d’Santiago (21 April, at 5:00 pm, Filharmonia Baltycka) very first time in Poland! He has worked with many significant ethno-musicans like: Tito Paris, Paulo Flores and Sara Tavares. Promising young cape verdean artist.
- Omara Portuondo – well-known for Buena Vista Social Club; Omara is the most beautiful voice of Cuba, icon of the Music in the entire world. Probably the most important artist during 7th Siesta Festival (21 April, at 8:00 pm, Filharmonia Baltycka)
- Mor Karbasi – israeli artist who is considered to be successor of Yasmin Levy or even Mariza which reflects how important is she for the world music. Two shows at Siesta Festival 2017! Let’s go for the journey through sefardi and ladino music (22 April, at 5:00 pm and at 8:00 pm, Filharmonia Baltycka)
- Mario Pacheco and friends – the most famous club of fado and its residents only in Gdansk during “FADO NIGHTS”! (20, 21 and 22 April, at 10:00 pm, Chamber Hall of Filharmonia Baltycka)
- Eliane Elias – one of the most important pianist and singer of jazz music. Great career, lot of prizes and fantastic connection with an audience. During Siesta Festival – promoting her new album.
(23 April, at 7:00 pm, Filharmonia Baltycka)
- Ballou Canta – Music directly form Brazzaville, Paris and Martinique. Sunny, energetic, positive and dance atmosphere – Ballou for the very first time in Poland! (23 April, at 10:00 pm, klub Parlament, Gdansk).
For detailed information on SIESTA FESTIVAL 2017 please visit: